The specialty of economics is basic, it involves training for many different professions, from analyst and manager to researcher or teacher of economics. Entering an economist is a reasonable contribution to your future.
As F. Lauch, an American senator, said, “An economist is a person who knows more about money than people who have money.”
A good economist knows the exact answers to such questions about the company in which he works:
- How many and what kind of employees do you need to have time to perform quality work, and not sit idle?
- Who should pay? When and with what prize to reward?
- Are all company expenses necessary? Which and how can be reduced?
- Are all resources used as rationally as possible? How to get the best result at the same cost?
- Are the sales of products maximum profitable? How to increase income?
- What will change in the market in a month / two / year? What will need to be changed to meet new trends?
The ability to optimize costs and increase profits in this way is useful in any enterprise, in a business of various sizes, as well as in the Ministry of Finance and the Central Bank, in its own business and even when planning a family budget. That is why it makes sense to study economics, because the demand for successful professionals remains high, despite the large number of graduates in this specialty.